Even before beginning a trip, On the way to the airport, I would always plug my headset and start listening to music to set my mood and my excitement for another journey. Here are the list of songs I listen to while on the road, on the plane, when sailing or even while packing:
1. Come Fly with me by Frank Sinatra
-Nothing beats the classic. I love Frank Sinatra and this is perfect when you’re flying.
2. Leaving on a jet plane by Chantal Kreviazuk- I’ve seen a lot of people post this as a status on Facebook. It’s a popular music for travellers.
-I know it’s a sad song but I like to sing leaving on a jet plane before aboard a plane
3. Everyday is a winding road by Sheryl Crow
-great when you hit the road. Ultimate feel good music by Sheryl Crow 🙂
4. Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows ft. Vanessa Carlton-taxi cabs are our best friend when we are in a foreign country. I know this one is not really about travelling but this song makes me feel great when I hit the road on a taxi.
5. Crusin’ by Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis- So love this romantic song about cruising 🙂
6. Under the sea (Little Mermaid)- This song is playing on my head every time I snorkel or dive 🙂 I love being under the sea and this is a perfect song when you’re swimming.
7. Be our Guest (Beauty and the beast)-I’m a disney fan 🙂 I love this because I love being treated like a princess when I’m travelling. This song fits because we are special guests when we travel.
8. What a wonderful world– I always get speechless with our world’s beauty and this song come to my mind when I’m on a nature trip.
9. Moonlight over Paris- I haven’t been to Paris but I’ll be singing this when I get there 🙂
10. I’m sailing by Rod Stewart- Another good old music that I love 🙂
11. Country Roads (Take me home, West Virginia) by John Denver- This song brings back child memories. I listen to this in the car whenever we take a road trip to the countryside.
12. Holiday by Greenday– an upbeat music that can cheer you up in an instant
13.Runaway Train by Asylum- Another great old song that you can listen to when travelling.
14. Surfin’ USA by The Beach Boys-This music come to my mind whenever I see big waves and surfers.
15. I’ve never been to me by Charlene Duncan- I know it’s not really about travelling but I just like listening to this when travelling. The lyrics mentions something like this ” been to Niece and the Isle of Greece while I’ve sipped champagne on a yacht I’ve moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed ’em what I’ve got…xxx I’ve been to paradise…xxx”
What’s on your playlist? Let me know cause I need more music for longer travelling hours on my next trip 🙂